Ride Acadiana Celebrates Launch with Ribbon Cutting
The much-anticipated list of bus stops and fares has been announced for Ride Acadiana, the pilot commuter bus route connecting Acadia Parish to Lafayette, which begins August 20.
A total of 20 stops make up the route, with eight stops in Crowley, three in Rayne, one in Duson and Scott, and seven in Lafayette. The Lafayette stops include the campuses of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and South Louisiana Community College, as well as Lafayette General Medical Center and University Hospitals & Clinics. These stops were strategically chosen to align with the pilot route’s goal of providing greater access to employment and education opportunities, and healthcare resources.
Convenient park-and-ride locations near several of the stops have also been established, allowing commuters to park a car and catch the bus into Lafayette.
Bus fares are $5 for a 2-ride card, and $20 for a 12-ride card, with discounts for people 65 years and over, and those disabled or on Medicare. Children 5 and younger ride free. Fares may be paid on-board the bus with exact change, or passes may be purchased in advance at each of the city halls in Crowley, Rayne, Duson and Scott, and at Lafayette’s Rosa Parks Transportation Center. The schedule has morning run times from 5:30 a.m.-noon, and afternoon/evening run times from 1-8 p.m.
Both buses are wifi equipped and are also ADA compliant.
First Week Free on Ride Acadiana, Aug. 20-24
Commuters between Acadia Parish and Lafayette will get to try Ride Acadiana free of charge the first week of operation, Aug. 20-24. The special introductory offer allows riders a chance to become familiar with the new commuter bus route pilot project at no cost. “We’re encouraged by the interest in the service already and want to provide riders every opportunity to give it a try,” said Monique Boulet, CEO of the Acadiana Planning Commission. Following the free first week, regular fares will begin.
Launch date: August 20, 2018
What is it? : Ride Acadiana is a pilot route testing the concept of a regional commuter bus transit system, connecting Acadia Parish to Lafayette. Intended to provide greater access to employment and education opportunities, healthcare resources and more, the project includes stops in Crowley, Rayne, Duson, Scott and Lafayette.
Supported by: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, Acadiana Planning Commission and Lafayette Consolidated Government.
Buses: Two 16-seat, ADA-compliant vehicles, equipped with a lift, on-board securement area for two wheelchairs, and a bike rack.
• Odd Fellows Rd / Tower Rd (near Walmart)
• Odd Fellows Rd / Cherokee Dr (Stine) This is a designated Park & Ride location.
• N Parkerson / Northern Ave
• N Parkerson / E 6th St
• N Parkerson / 1st St (Enterprise Center) This is a designated Park & Ride location.
• S Eastern Ave (LA13) / E Elm St (Lagrange Grocery) This is a designated Park & Ride location.
• N Parkerson / E 1st St (Bus Depot)
• E Northern Ave / Hwy 90 (Acadia General Hospital)
• 4th St / Anding St (Southside Community Center) This is a designated Park & Ride location.
• American Legion Dr / 2nd St (American Legion) Street parking here is a designated Park & Ride location.
• Hwy 90 / Arenas St (Post Office)
• Toby Mouton Rd / N A St (Town Hall) This is a designated Park & Ride location.
• 917 Cayret St (Scott Market) This is a designated Park & Ride location.
• Luke Street / Devalcourt St (SLCC parking lot B)
• Bertrand / Congress St (University Hospital & Clinics)
• Johnston St / College Rd (near Walgreens)
• Johnston St / College Rd (near Albertsons)
These are transfer stops where riders can transfer into the Lafayette Transit System for access to other routes in the city.
* E St Mary Blvd / Hebrard Blvd (UL Dupre Library)
• Coolidge Bvd / Hospital Dr (Lafayette General Medical Center)
• Rosa Parks Transportation Center This is a transfer stop where riders can transfer into the Lafayette Transit System for access to other routes in the city.
2-ride card $5
$2 for 65 yrs+, Disabled or Medicare
12-ride card $20
$10 for 65 yrs+, Disabled or Medicare
Children 5 years and under ride free. Children 12 years & under must be accompanied by an adult.
Exact change only is accepted for on-board fare payment. Bus passes may be purchased in advance at each of the city halls in Crowley, Rayne, Duson and Scott, as well as at the Rosa Parks Transportation Center in Lafayette.
For complete details, visit RideAcadiana.com.