The Leadership EXCEL Advisory Board is pleased to announce the conclusion of their 2020-21 year. The 26th Graduating Leadership EXCEL Class met at Grand Opera House of the South on Wednesday, November 17 for a reception and graduation ceremony.
The evening began with an informal reception prior to the graduation where graduates, sponsors, and families of the graduates were invited to attend. Michael Doughty, Chairman of the Advisory Board served as the evenings emcee and began by welcoming those in attendance. Jeremiah Meck, Advisory Board Member, recognized the year’s sponsors: Jimbo Petitjean, Acadia Parish Assessor, Bank of Commerce, Dugas, Soileau + Breaux, Encore Healthcare + Rehabilitation, Kolder, Slaven & Company, JD Bank, Rayne Building + Loan Associate, Suzy Webb, Acadia Parish Farm Bureau, and The Bank.
Doughty introduced the evening’s Keynote Speaker, Justin Robichaux, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Assistant Women’s Softball Coach. 2020-21Graduate, Chuck Lejeune, CDL properties, presented guests a recap of the exciting events that happened over the past year. Founding Members, Troy Breaux from Dugas, Soileau & Breaux and Katie Chiasson presented plaques to graduates.
Leadership EXCEL is an annual leadership development program of the Acadia Parish Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with the Jeff Davis Chamber of Commerce. The program is designed to prepare emerging leaders to meet the future needs of our community and strives to develop informed, resourceful, civic-minded leaders committed to making our community a better place to live and work.
2020-21 Graduating Class
- Joan Blair, Jeff Davis Registrar of Voters
- Jena Bordes, J. Prevost Insurance
- Crystal Broussard, Encore Healthcare & Rehab
- Nichole Broussard, Acadia Parish Police Jury
- Jeff Cavell, Upland Services
- Jennifer Charlie, Darnall, Sikes, & Fredrick
- LeAnne Cormier, Home Bank – Jennings
- Kyle Gordon, Gator Custom Graphix
- Brooke Hornsby, Jennings American Legion Hospital
- Heather LaBouve, The Bank – Iota
- Jessica Landry, Parish Realty
- Jerad Langley, Southwind Healthcare & Rehab.
- Debra Leger, Rayne Building & Loan
- Chuck Lejune, CDL Properties
- Stephanie Martinez-Hernandez, Kolder, Slaven & Co.
- Jonathan Murphy, Town of Church Point
- Shelly Reiners, Ochsner Acadia General Hospital
- Connie Tregle, Lakeside Bank
- William Vincent Jr., Acadian Ambulance
- Mark Woods, Bank of Commerce