The 2018 City of Crowley Inauguration Ceremony was held this afternoon in the Crowley Council Chambers on the second floor of the Criminal Justice Center. Over 15o citizens were in attendance.
The following are the City of Crowley officers sworn in:
- Mayor Timothy “Tim” Monceaux
- Alderman-at-Large Steven Premeaux
- Alderman Jeff Cavel (Ward 1, Division A)
- Alderwoman Kim Stringfellow (Ward 1, Division B)
- Alderman Thompson Bradford “Brad” Core (Ward 2, Division A)
- Alderman Lyle Fogleman Jr. (Ward 2, Division B)
- Alderman Vernon “Step” Martin (Ward 3, Division A)
- Alderman Byron K. Wilridge Sr. (Ward 3, Division B)
- Alderman Clint Cradeur (Ward 4, Division A)
- Alderman Samuel “Sammy” J. Reggie III (Ward 4, Division B)
- Police Chief Jimmy Broussard
Master of ceremonies was Acadia Parish Clerk of Court Robert T. “Robby” Barousse. Pledge of allegiance was lead by Mr. Larry J. Monceaux, Veteran of US Navy. Pastor of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Father Matthew Higginbotham, said the invocation and benediction.
Barousse then administered the oath of office to the new administration and thanked those who served the previous term.
The first official meeting for the new term of the mayor and board of aldermen will be committee meetings, which will convene on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019, at 4 p.m. in the council chambers.
The regular city council meeting will convene on Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019, at 6 p.m. in the council chambers.
Both of those meetings also are open to the general public.