WASHINGTON, DC – Congressman Clay Higgins (R-LA) announced today that four 3rd District airports will receive over $2.89 million in federal funding from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). One of those airports, Lake Charles Regional, will receive an additional $200,000 through the 2019 Small Community Air Service Development Program (SCASDP).
- Chennault International Airport will receive a $72,000 grant to upgrade taxiway lighting.
- Lake Charles Regional Airport will receive a $2 million grant to acquire a new passenger loading bridge and construct a new canopy.
- Lake Charles Regional Airport will receive a $200,000 grant to implement a multi-year marketing program as part of a comprehensive air service development initiative.
- Jennings Airport will receive a $356,700 grant to repair 5,000-feet of the existing runway and 1,000-feet of the existing taxiway surface.
- Le Gros Memorial Airport will receive a $454,021 grant to install 5,000-feet of drainage improvements to eliminate ponding on airfield surfaces.
Congressman Higgins issued the following statement:
“Our local and regional airports are important commercial hubs. These investments provide critical support for South Louisiana airports and the surrounding economies.”