The Acadia Parish Chamber partnered with One Acadiana, local, regional, and state organizations to host multiple webinars to discuss the tools available to small businesses during the coronavirus crisis.
To support Acadiana’s business community – particularly our small businesses – in response to COVID-19, Acadiana resource partners will be hosting a series of webinars on timely and relevant topics. A preliminary set of two webinars will be held on the morning of Tuesday, March 24, and we will assess future webinars to follow.
Part 1: Disaster Loans and Other SBA Resources
The U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loans are low-interest loans to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of COVID-19. Learn more about this program, what qualifies as “economic injury,” how to apply, and when to expect assistance.
Part 2: Getting Your Business Ready to Sell Online
Hear from local small business owners who have had success selling online and who have pivoted their operations to go digital, in response to COVID-19 related restrictions on restaurants and other impacts on the retail market.
COVID-19 | Federal Response and Small Business Help
The Picard Group presented on the recently negotiated federal stimulus package and other policy measures in response to COVID-19.
Emily Bacque and Hunter Hall from The Picard Group will presented a high-level federal policy update on action by Congress in response to COVID-19, including the recently negotiated stimulus package. Tyron Picard facilitated a Q&A session to address questions from webinar participants.
- Federal Resources Webinar
- Download the Pdf Slides
- Q & A from Presentation
- Payroll Protection Program Info
Managing Your Workforce in Response to COVID-19 – Employment Law Implications
A presentation on the employment law implications of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and other COVID-19 related federal legislation.
- View Webinar: Managing Your Workforce
- View the Slide Deck from Managing Your Workforce
- Download the Q & A from the Webinar
- Presenter: Cliff LaCour, NeunerPate
COVID-19 Assistance for Self-Employed Individuals and Others
A presentation on federal assistance available to sole proprietors, individual contractors, & other self-employed individuals as a result of COVID-19.
- Presenter: Susheel Kumar, Public Information Officer, SBA Office of Disaster Assistance
- View the Webinar: SBA Assistance for Self-Employed & Others
- View the Slide Deck: SBA Assistance for Self Employed & Others
- Download the Q & A from the Webinar
COVID-19 Impacts on the Oil & Gas Industry
Join us for a presentation on COVID-19 impacts on the oil & gas industry, and opportunities for policy measures at the local, state, and federal level to support the industry’s recovery.
- View the Impacts on the Oil & Gas Industry Webinar
- Gifford Briggs of LOGA will give a presentation on COVID-19’s impacts on the oil & gas industry, including projected job losses and broader economic consequences. Rep. Jean-Paul Coussan, Chairman of the House Natural Resources and Environment Committee, will join Gifford to discuss policy steps that can be taken at the local, state, and federal level to support the industry’s recovery.
COVID-19 Issues Facing Landlords & Tenants
Attorneys from Jones Walker’s real estate team discussed some of the different issues facing landlords and tenants as a result of COVID-19, including force majeure, rent relief, landlord/tenant conflicts, and more. Following the Jones Walker presentation, Jim Keaty of Keaty Real Estate presented an update on Lafayette’s real estate market as well as some tips and things to look out for.
- View the Issues Facing Landlords & Tenants
- View the Slide Deck COVID-19 Issues Facing Landlords & Tenants
Louisiana’s Tourism Economy Post-COVID-19
With Louisiana’s stay-at-home order limiting the ability to travel, and many festivals and other events being affected for the remainder of the year, the state’s tourism economy is taking a big hit from COVID-19. How are the restaurants and hotels that depend on tourism handling these impacts? What are the biggest challenges our tourism officials see for the future of the industry, and what are the opportunities?
- Lt. Gov. Billy Nungesser
- Ben Berthelot, Lafayette Convention & Visitors Commission
- View the Slide Deck
- Watch the Replay
Rethinking Business: Forging a New Path in the Wake of COVID-19
Join us for a conversation with business and marketing experts about how businesses can embrace innovation and creativity to sustain their operations and support economic recovery.
Date / Time: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. CDT
- Cherie Hebert, BBR
- Destin Ortego, Opportunity Machine
- Cian Robinson, Lafayette General Health
- Missy Rogers, Noble Plastics
Whether in business or marketing, businesses are having to get creative and think outside of the box to sustain their operations in the wake of COVID-19. How might you think outside of the box for your business? Hear from business and marketing experts and learn about practical examples of businesses pivoting their operations. This conversational webinar aims to spark creativity and problem-solving to ensure business sustainability and support our community’s economic recovery.