Due to the pandemic, the way businesses have had to conduct themselves and their business has altered dramatically. The digital age has indeed come full force upon us, with Zoom conferences, online classes, and digital marketing being utilized by every industry. Yet even with this emphasis on digital means of connecting, local businesses still rely on local customers. So what can you, as a local business, do in order to keep your business thriving with local consumers? Well, the first thing you can do is join your local Chamber of Commerce!
Local Chambers, the Acadia Parish Chamber of Commerce included, work hard all year to help their members reach their goals. And that’s not all! Here are ten reasons why a local business like you should consider joining your local Chamber:
- Connections – The business owners and operators you meet through the Chamber can be your clients and open doors to other companies to help grow your business.
- Business advocates – Your ability to influence public policy on common business problems becomes greater as more voices are added to advocate on behalf of businesses like yours.
- Credibility – Membership in a Chamber of Commerce is considered a must by the public and other businesses for your business to be taken seriously and be considered a viable player in your industry.
- Resources – The problems you face in business are likely shared by your fellow men and women in the business community. What better way to talk through difficulties or problems in your business than discussing with those who are walking on the same path as you.
- Intelligence – You don’t have time to stay on top of all the local, regional, and state issues which could impact your business, but that’s at the heart of what we do. We keep you informed so that you can concentrate on growing your business.
- Training – Whether it is a lunch and learn or a seminar on improving your company’s marketing, the Chamber hosts countless programs to help you increase your skills in all aspects of your business.
- Involvement – Consumers and business owners and operators want to do business with someone who is vested in their community.
- Marketing – What better way to introduce your business to potential clients than through chamber-sponsored events that attract other businesses and the public.
- Standing – When you sit on business committees and eventually advance into leadership positions, you are seen by the public and other business owners and operators as an expert in your field.
- Giving back – When you give back to your community, you’re helping others, and that helps the business community become stronger. When the business community is vibrant and strong, the local economy is stronger, and that is good for all businesses that depend on consumers’ ability to spend in the local marketplace.
The Acadia Parish Chamber is proud to serve Acadia Parish businesses, and invites all businesses to become members! We are excited for the upcoming year, and are hopeful that our cities and towns, parish, state, country and world will emerge from this pandemic stronger than before. If you are interested in becoming a member, click here for our virtual Membership Tour. You can also call us at 337-788-0177 or visit our office during regular business hours. We hope to hear from you soon!